WHAT MATTERS MOST


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Race for the Cure

May 1st I had the opportunity to run a 5k in the
"Race for the Cure". Some of the ladies that I workout with thought it would be fun to do this together....funny thing is I find no fun in running. It fact I have a love/hate relationship with running. I do not enjoy the actual "run" part but love it when I am done. It is easy and free exercise and it always goes faster when you have people and conversation. I couldn't believe how many people were there. Having an aunt and my mother as a breast cancer survivor I felt it was the least I could do. All the survivors had pink hats and pink shirts. Everyone else was in white. It was crazy seeing all the pink shirts. Elliott took all the girls down to the finish line to wait for me to cross over. I ran the whole thing without stopping but felt like a rat in a maze weeding around and around the streets in downtown Vegas. Addy and Ryann got to experience a "port-a-potty" for the first time...what a treat that was!


These were some of the gross Chippendale's that handed out pink carnations to the survivors that crossed the finish line.

Just finished!

1 comment:

The Jonas Family said...

Congratulations! Good job running a 5K. I never have and not sure if I will, maybe some day, but I too am not much of a runner.