WHAT MATTERS MOST


Sunday, April 25, 2010

My for I

The other day I took Alyssa grocery shopping with me. I handed her the list and her job was to tell me what we needed and then check it off. When we got to the meat section she told me we needed some ground beef. She then asked me if it is meat from the ground and if that is why they call it "ground" beef. I paused and the sarcastic side of me wanted to say yes it is dead cow they find on the ground and instead of wasting it they grind it up for us to eat but because I knew that would hurt her feelings I said nothing and was interrupted by a cute old lady that thought what she had said was cute. When we got home she asked me about ground ginger so I had the opportunity to explain what "ground" means. The crazy thing is she is very smart in school and effortlessly gets strait As.

When ever you should say "I" in a sentence Addy says "my". Example "My will!" or "My am" or my favorite "My hungry Mom!"

I wasn't to fond of Addy today when I found her asleep in her bed for a nap holding my new pack of gum with only 2 pieces left and her chewing it. I was irritated because she ate my gum and more irritated that I had to wake her up to get her to spit it out. All she did was swallow it and then wouldn't go back to sleep and was creepy for the next hour. The last thing I needed was gum to get stuck in her non existent hair that we are working so hard to grow.

No comments: