WHAT MATTERS MOST


Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bubbles, Bubbles, and more Bubbles

Alyssa had my cousin's daughter over to play one evening. They wanted to go swimming. Knowing the water was freezing and it wouldn't take long I agreed. Sure enough they came in after 10 minutes and I started making dinner. They decided to have a bubble bath in my huge bathtub in their swimsuits instead....what could that hurt I thought to myself....and off they went. I went upstairs shortly after to check on them and sure enough bubbles in the tub and took a picture. 15-20 minutes later.....it was time for them to get out and come and eat dinner. This is when I really needed my camera. (I kick myself for not taking a picture because you can't even imagine the sight I walked in on). What I walked into was bubbles and water EVERYWHERE! HUGE mess! We have a water softener which makes suds like crazy, then you have a child add tooooo much bubble bath and then turn on the jets to the tub...yeah the bubbles went everywhere. Water and bubbles all over the floor and all around the tub. I was truly speechless because seriously did they think that jumping into a huge bubble bath over and over again was really a good idea...I mean really? Obviously they did think it was a great idea but didn't they think, "Wow this is making a mess....hmmmm maybe we shouldn't do this anymore." Apparently it didn't cross their minds. I just told them it was time to clean-up and that they had to do it all on their own. On the flip-side they had a blast and why ruin it with getting mad....good thing Elliott was out of town he would have gotten mad. I just brought up the wet dry vac and headed back downstairs. Later that night I told Alyssa she was banned from my tub for a while.



No comments: