WHAT MATTERS MOST


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weekend Away

This past weekend I had the opportunity to fly home while Elliott stayed home with the girls. This was my 3rd time in almost 12 years that I spent days away from Elliott and the girls. First time was going to Hawaii with my sister when Kylee was 18 months old and my second time was to help my brother's family move from St. George. How nice it is to get away even though it was a short trip. My brother Paul took advantage of Jet Blue's $10 air fare last week and few his family from Miami to CA. It was so fun to see my siblings. We were all there but John. Saturday morning we got to head out to the lake on my Dad's boat. It was a beautiful day! That Saturday night a restaurant that we all had worked at over the years had a reunion. I was the first employee of my siblings and started when the restaurant opened. Their were 6 of us there that night that were from the original hired crew when the restaurant opened. The restaurant is no longer opened. More than anything it was fun hanging out with my brothers, their wives, and my sister.

My sister's son Anthony

Paul getting ready to go...he screamed like a girl in the cold water.


I grew up going to this lake...love the lake...love the memories.

Getting ready to leave.

My siblings David, Paul, and Christy

David is sporting a random strangers glasses

Paul's wife Nikki with my sister and I

This is by far my favorite picture!! I couldn't stop laughing about Paul's silly face. He didn't make it on purpose. The camera just went off before he could smile...funny Paul.


Coming home I was greeted at the airport by Elliott with some flowers and Ryann and Addy looking like orphans. This is why my girls need their mother....and yes I had to take a picture but you cannot appreciate how nappy the hair looked in person. It is clear they both dressed themselves. On the positive side at least they were dressed and my house was clean when I came home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did you have to put that picture everywhere? Thanks Lala. I did have a fun time in California. SO many good memories from growing up. Hopefully I get to see your family sometime. Last time I saw the girls, Addy was an infant. Look for $10 flights to Ft. Lauderdale.
-Paul