WHAT MATTERS MOST


Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we were fortunate to have my parents for a week. I always enjoy having my parents around. It was my moms first time to see our new home and she was able to help me out with a few decorating dilemmas. Elliott and I love playing cards with them when the kids go to bed. On Thanksgiving my Aunt and her husband came to visit and they brought Coco with them. My girls had been really missing her and it was perfect for them to spend a little time with her. Of course lets not forget about the food....uhhh...I just love Thanksgiving food!! My only regret is I didn't take one picture the whole time my parents were here.

Friday after Thanksgiving I went to Walmart kinda early (6am I wanted to sleep in) to go and get a present and was wondering the whole time if it was worth it...seriously where do all these people come from??? I knew it was going to be crazy when I saw the parking lot and then had a hard time finding a cart. The lines were soooo long and surprising they had every lane open...never seen that before. I always find it interesting to look in other people's carts to see what they are buying. Luckily I was able to use self check out and stood in line for only 5 minutes. It is amazing what people will do to save a buck. I am not a big fan of shopping with crowds because honestly there are a lot of dumb people out there that I would rather not be around and I am to impatient to stand in long long lines. Then later that morning my parents and my family piled into my car and headed for St. George. We then spent the day at my Uncle Don's home with my cousins and Grandma. It was so fun visiting with everyone. Elliott took Kylee shooting with some of the guys and was quite impressed how well she handled the guns and shot them. Again no pictures. Now it is time to get ready for Christmas...Yipeee. I am going to start a new tradition this year so we'll see how the girls will like it.

1 comment:

The Jonas Family said...

So, what is your new Christmas tradition?