WHAT MATTERS MOST


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Early Morning Phone Call

Last week the phone rang at 6:45 am. This is normally early for Elliott and I (minus this week we have all been up at 6 am...so not normal...I think because of the time change). The girls of course are all usually up by 7. But on this morning everyone was still strangely asleep...and of course the phone rings. It was one of Kylee's friends from school that had a question about her homework. Elliott kindly told her that it was way to early to be calling and to call back after 8. At 7:45 she calls back...from the same number and what do you know...Elliott answered the phone again (this time he was awake and down stairs...where was I???...still in bed). This time she disguised her voice and asked for Kylee. He then asked her, "Didn't I tell you not to call until after 8?" She then replied, "Oh I think you must have me confused with someone else." He then just handed the phone to Kylee. Great kids are already pegging us as dumb. I didn't think kids thought parents were dumb until they were teenagers. You would think she would at least be smart enough to call from a different number to try and trick him...does she not understand the whole caller ID thing? AHhh caller ID... Back in the good ole' days of prank calling without the technology of caller ID...and yes I loved it...until my dad found out and took my red corvette phone away from me that I won from my school carnival via kinda cheating but that is a whole other story.

No comments: