WHAT MATTERS MOST


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Water Mess Take Two

I think it is quite clear how much I dislike water messes. And yet here I am again with another water mess to clean up. Our computer sits in the corner of the playroom. This helps because I can be on the computer and the girls can play in the same room. Last night I sat down and was going through emails and handling ebay stuff (can't wait to be done with ebay). I was searching online through our inventory and putting stuff on sale because we are weaning it out for good. I started hearing a weird water noise coming from our laundry room. It sounded like gushing water. Our laundry room is in the basement next to the playroom and that area is unfinished. We have a water softener that flushes every so often and I thought maybe at first that was the noise but it was much louder. I got up to check on it and water was pouring down from the ceiling and going EVERYWHERE! I couldn't tell if it was coming out of the pipes or just the ceiling. All I knew was this was no good and I needed to do something fast. Alyssa had just recently finished taking a bath. I ran upstairs and what do I find????? Addy standing on the toilet with the sink turned on full blast splashing her hand in the sink. The sink is VERY VERY SLOW to drain so with the water turned on it can fill the sink up fast. We haven't spent money to have it fixed because we plan to completely gut the entire bathroom down to the studs and have the plumbing and everything else replaced. This is another reason why we have the rule to always keep the bathroom door closed.

So back to the mess, water was over flowing over the pedestal sink and water covered the entire bathroom floor. Addison was in the playroom with me playing and next thing I know water mess! This happened Very fast. We keep all of our cycling clothes that we sell on racks just below where the water was coming down. Like I said I dislike water messes. Good news the most affected was a box that had jerseys but luckily each jersey is wrapped in plastic and the floor in the laundry room is cement and their is a drain. Needless to say Addy and Ryann went to bed 10 minutes earlier that night. Bedtime is always a beautiful thing! Can't wait to see what tonight brings!

2 comments:

The Jonas Family said...

Oh, I can feel your pain! Taylor has done many messes, but nothing like that. I would hate water messes too! Good luck! I love bedtime too because then it is your time.

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

OK...dejavu(sp?) on this story! You were 2 and were supposed to be asleep taking a nap and I went to the garage to do laundry and water was leaking into the garage from the ceiling. Your dad was working on the car and we ran upstairs and you were sitting on the edge of our sink in the bathroom ASLEEP with your feet in water that was overflowing the sink!!(the water was running) I guess payback is what I am saying!!! luv ya, MOM