WHAT MATTERS MOST


Monday, February 9, 2009

Cleaning to Re-Clean

Okay seriously why is it just when you finally finish cleaning something, anything, your kids are on radar and know just what to mess up. As I tried to do a little cleaning this morning I found myself putting Addy and Ryann at the kitchen table with some playdough. 10 minutes later I am wondering how this was a good idea? Sure they are preoccupied for 20 minutes BUT then you have a HUGE playdough mess to add to your cleaning list. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother cleaning because I clean the same things over and over again. You spend your morning cleaning only to look at what you cleaned 10 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours later wondering, "What did I accomplish today again?" because it is already a mess again. Today not even 5 minutes after I had finished cleaning the wood floors Addy threw her sippy cup because she got mad. When it landed on the floor the lid popped off and the drink inside came out and made a huge mess. The floor just barely dried and yet there I was recleaning those dang floors. SERIOUSLY.....talk about an AHHHHHHH moment!!!
I think my most favorite is when you just get finished folding laundry that is always never ending and so it is a good day that you are actually doing it, to have your little ones unfold it before you get it put away! :) LOVE IT!

2 comments:

geri said...

Yep, that is why I have given up cleaning altogether (okay, not really, but there are days that I just don't want to knowing that they will be right in the thick of it!). And cleaning nowadays is especially tricky being 24 weeks preggo with a very low-lying baby. Makes any type of bending over next to impossible! Yours is definately the plight heard round the world by mothers. :)

The Jonas Family said...

Oh boy! I feel for you! The same thing goes on here. And then does your husband come home and say what did you do all day, or ask why is the house not clean. And I repeat that I have already cleaned up several messes today!