WHAT MATTERS MOST


Friday, February 6, 2009

Playing Nurse

SO happy to say Elliott got to come home yesterday! This morning he was finally able to take a shower for the first in 10 days. After his shower I had the privilege of helping him change out or put new bandages on him. I am soooooo not cut out to do things like that! YUCK! I took one bandage off and wanted to throw up! But I didn't complain and did it! You would think that the Dr would have put a stitch or two in those nasty holes. Yes HOLES in his body! Besides having holes in his body to heal he is doing great on his pain meds. He is still my gimpy hubby but with time he will be fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not that gross to change the bandage. In anatomy, I had the privilege of cutting our cadaver in half horizontally and vertically. I will not go into detail. Let's just say..."stinky"

David and Julie said...

Do you know what else is stinky? The Los Angeles County Morg. They have over 400 bodies on any given day. I did a tour and they took me into the advanced decompsition room. Lets just say I have never smelled anything that horrible in my life!