WHAT MATTERS MOST


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mutitasking

For the most part I consider myself a great multitasker but after last night I may need to rethink my techniques. Ryann and Addy go to bed every night at 7. We have the same routine that we do and it works great. Last night I attempted something not part of the routine. While helping them get on their jammies I decided I was going to fill up the humidifier so it could run all night since Ryann has a little cold. I grabbed the water tank and set it on the counter next to the sink. Our water filter has it own spout next to the regular faucet. I turned it on and walked away. It is not the fastest and thought I can get their teeth brushed and come back....oh that was soooo not a good idea. It would have been fine IF I remembered after I brushed their teeth. But to go into the kitchen after brushing teeth is not part of the normal routine. I took them into their room, said our prayer, played the hug game, put them in bed and oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh no the humidifier!!!!!! When I ran back into the kitchen not only was it filled up but now I had a pond the size of my kitchen floor to go with it. I'm brilliant I tell you! I guess the positive thing is that I now have a clean kitchen floor. I really don't like water messes. Especially when you don't realize it is there and you step in water while wearing socks. Sometimes I feel like the mouse in "If you give a mouse a cookie" book. You get side track so many times before you remember where it all started or what you need to do. The snowball effect...love it!

No comments: