WHAT MATTERS MOST


Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Kylee!

Am I really old enough to have an 11 year old? Time flies too fast! We just celebrated Kylee's 11th birthday on September 26th. Normally for every birthday I throw each girl a huge birthday party. For some sick reason I LOVE over planning birthday parties for my girls down to the very last detail. Yes I go all out. This year for Kylee's birthday I took a different approach for several reasons:

1). She just barely made friends at school...it just seems weird to celebrate your birthday with people you barely know.

2.) Elliott still gone so that means no extra help.

3.) We just moved in and the house was still not put together.

Instead I had her pick one friend from Utah and bought her a plane ticket to come and spend the weekend with Kylee for her birthday. It worked out great because her friend didn't have school on that Friday so she flew in on Thursday and I let Kylee play hookie from school on Friday.

The friend she chose was Lauren, her first friend in Salt Lake that lived up our street. They had a blast playing and swimming together! On her birthday we did what Kylee wanted to do.

Lauren and Kylee


For breakfast we had Oatmeal-Cookie-Pancakes (very yummy)

We went to McDonalds for lunch.




Went shopping at Target. Considering there is a Target on every corner (no joke) this was easy. (Well kinda if you consider going shopping with five kids)



Went swimming in our backyard.








Went to dinner at Outback, one of Kylee's favorite places. She loves steak. Lauren had never been or had never had steak. After dinner we went to a few more stores then headed home and played games.




It was a great weekend! Happy Birthday Kylee!

2 comments:

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

Wow! Kylee's growing up way too fast...for you and for a Grandma!
I can't wait to come swim in you pool too...at least the spa for sure!!! luv, Grandma Fawson

Steph said...

Good idea! I was wondering what I could do for Zach (November) and Emily (Feb). I usually have big parties but have to avoid crowds because of chemo. If you have any "boy" ideas send them my way!