WHAT MATTERS MOST


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Budget Flooring in Las Vegas on Craig Road has the WORSE Customer Service...EVER!

Occasionally you come across a company that you wonder how they are still in business because they have no clue how a business should run. Well I recently came across a business like this, Budget Flooring in North Las Vegas on Craig Road. I was looking for a good deal on some wood flooring for our office and was very excited when I found this store. Then the red flags began. While walking into the store I saw the employee coming back in from the parking lot from smoking. I didn't realize she was the employee because she literally looked like she rolled out of bed and showed up. But sure enough she was the one to help me. I really should have just left. Later I learned that she is the one that runs the office....red flag because if someone can't even put themselves together they are only going to struggle to put together anything else. That very day the owner came to my house with samples and gave me my estimate. He was the nicest guy. All I cared about was how soon...told twice 2-3 weeks. That was longer than I wanted but factored in I was saving money and decided to be a little patient....Patience is a funny thing.

4 weeks went by and I was a little concerned because I had not even received a phone call at this point. I called on Monday and Jennifer (disorganized office girl who is the owner's daughter) gave me the run around for two weeks....lie after lie and promise after promise (all she broke). I finally go fed up now being 6 weeks after the fact and told her forget it! The guy that was suppose to do my floor that I yelled at when he called to to tell me he would be another 2 hours late (at this point he was already 3 hours late after the job had been put back a day) and I told him not to bother called me back to let me know I am not the only customer treated like this and that in fact 95% of customers are mad and unhappy with the company. He offered to do it as a side job and I took him up on it and headed to Lowes for my flooring. He called me when he said he was going too, he showed up when he said he was going too, and more importantly he put in my wood flooring like he said the very next day and cleaned up his mess when he finished! He was such a hard worker. After the fact I went online to try and post any comment I could about this AWFUL store and came across another comment that had the same story. The best part was when this other person asked to speak to the owner she was told he was out of town...I was told he was out of the country. The guy that did my flooring told me all about lies and problems that she causes. Sometimes it pays a little extra to know the job will actually get done because the stress is not worth it!

The end result:

1 comment:

The Jonas Family said...

Yea, you finally got your wood flooring in! It looks nice. I like the dark wood. Sorry you had to go through all the trouble to get it in.

The video of Addy is cute jumping in the pool too. Is that your hot tub? Do you still heat the pool?

Thanks again for meeting up with me in Las Vegas. It was fun!