WHAT MATTERS MOST


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why Bother?

Sunday night Addison approaches me with some finger nail polish (FNP) all over her toes saying "pretty". That is Not a good sign! I asked her to show me where she painted her toes all while praying it wasn't near our new carpet. She takes me to the stairs and yep there it is the whole bottle emptied all over the first two steps and the tile. "That's NAUGHTY!" I told her and she said, "No NAUGHTY!" I immediately grabbed some FNP remover and two other stain removers. It went from a deep pink to faint pink and still noticeable on the carpet. Luckily we have extra carpet that we can just have the first two steps redone when they come out to put in the wood floor in the office. I normally keep all FNP up high in a container except I haven't come across that box yet. This was a bottle that she climbed up onto my sink to get...and where was I while this was going on? Ignoring my kids while talking to Elliott on the phone. Yes he is still gone but will finally be home tomorrow! Yeah so excited! He has not lived with us for 4 1/2 months but really has been gone most of the year with training and living in the hospital.

Later that night I was sitting on one of our new couches that we finally bought and wondering how long until they get destroyed and why do we as parents even bother trying to have nice things so our kids can destroy them at a drop of a hat.

4 comments:

Steph said...

yeah, zach wrote his name on the back of the leather seat in our suv. he then tried to deny it. well, it is his handwriting and his name. what kind of idiots does he take us for? you just have to remember that things are just things.

Steph said...

or just beat them. wink wink!

The Jonas Family said...

wow you have more issues then me! I feel sorry for you! And to top it off, you don't have Elliott around. You are like a single mom! I would seriously die!

I will be in Las Vegas in three weeks. Email me your phone number (jennijonas@gmail.com)

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

The good news is you never get tired of your furniture because you need to replace it often!!!
That is the bright side of kids ruining things....luv, Mom