WHAT MATTERS MOST


Friday, January 16, 2009

UPDATES

Tucky Fairy--It has been one week since we had our visit from the Tucky Fairy. If you have no idea what I am talking about please read "BYE BYE Pacifier". It has worked beautifully! Not once have we seen any tears for the tucky. Ryann has asked twice for one. I told her we didn't have any and asked her where they went, why, and what she got in return. Every question she answered and that was that. I do feel a little bad for Addy because she had no clue what happened to those things and will ask for one occasionally but no tears. The big thing is that she doesn't she Ryann with one and she is fine.

ELLIOTT'S Update-Yesterday afternoon a good friend up the street offered to watch all four girls for the night. So not wanting to pass up a good opportunity like that I sent the girls over. This gave me the chance to go be with Elliott for a few hours. We walked around the hospital and play a card game. I painfully lost! We found out his last xray looked great and I was hoping I was going to be able to take him home with me. We just had to wait for the Dr to come and remove his tube and hear the news. It was get pretty close to bedtime for the girls and left him there thinking he would be home in the morning. 8:00 pm he called and told me he was coming home!! I was so excited! It was very cute when he went in to check on Ryann and Addy. As he was fixing Ryann's blankets she opened up her eyes and they got all big and she said "Daddy, your home? Are you all better? Did my balloon make you better?" She brought Elliott a balloon when we went to visit one day. She was very concerned about this balloon and wanted it back. So he is home. He has to take it easy this next week (HA, Elliott take it easy? I don't think that is in his vocabulary) and go back in next week for another xray. He has a interview in Vegas on Monday and Dr says no flying, so he will be hitting the road. He is at a greater risk of this happening again and we pray that it doesn't. When he gets the go ahead he will slowly return to exercising omitting the weights till we get better insurance. Thanks again for all the love shown our way!


I was expecting a bigger grosser hole. It really isn't that bad. It just looks like a bad boil or knarly zit of some sort.

3 comments:

Jana said...

I had no idea that Elliott was in the Hospital, then someone says something on your Facebook, and I thought...must have missed something BIG here. Just glad he is on the mend. Man, what a wild ride you are on! Ready to get off yet? Sometimes, it's okay to say "Enough." The Lord knows what and how much we can take and it is okay to ask him to ease your burden. Wish there was something we could do to help. You're in our prayers!!

The Jonas Family said...

Good to hear that things are slowly coming around for your family. Are you still the RS teacher?

Anonymous said...

Good to hear! We are glad everything has turned out well for you. I really hope it doen't happen again. I love that the tucky fairy worked. That's great...who knew!?!