WHAT MATTERS MOST


Friday, January 23, 2009

Don't Wake the Baby!



Nothing is more precious than a sleeping baby and nothing is more frustrating when someone wakes up your baby. Every night before Elliott and I go to bed we check on the sleeping babies. No matter what happened earlier that day it always closes with them quietly asleep. These little sweet glimpses is one of the things that keeps me going as a mom. Especially on those not so fun days. No matter how naughty, busy, or rambunctious a child can be, they are all sweet little angels when asleep. I love it when babies sleep on their tummies with their bums up in the air.

What I find funny are the places my babies have fallen asleep while not in the usual places (bed or car seat). I have been organizing old pictures and came across the ones that I have snapped over the years. Alyssa is our only one that hasn't fallen asleep in places other than her bed or car seat. One picture I can't find is of Kylee about 4 years old sitting upright on the couch with a coloring book open in her lap and a crayon in her hand, asleep. The worst part when you find them asleep out of the norm is the dilemma, do you wake them up or let them sleep? If you let them sleep you KNOW they won't go down at night on time but you can enjoy the unexpected quietness and get something done. If you wake them up they may go to bed on time BUT they are MONSTERS (you can't blame them, no one likes to get woken up from a nap)!!


1999 Kylee

2000 Kylee

Kylee 2001

Ryann-2007-Garage Floor

Ryann-2008


Addison-2008

In the end I move them to their bed and let them sleep...

after all who can wake a sleeping baby?

2 comments:

The Jonas Family said...

I love it when they are sleeping as well. They look so peaceful and innocent when during the day they are not.

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

I have beautiful granddaughters whether they are asleep or awake! That is what being a Grandma is all about! (I am not there 24/7)
But get to love and spoil and leave!!!!! I did my dues...this is my reward...so hang in there Angela! Your Mom