WHAT MATTERS MOST


Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Markers, Dog Food, Muddy Feet, and Toilet Bowls

Addison aka Addy aka Patty aka Pat aka Grosso (for the continuous loud release of gas from the mouth or bum) aka Miss Business!!! Addy will be 19 months on Thursday and is a VERY busy girl! Whenever you catch her being busy...she does this evil laugh which is the cutest thing and you can't help but laugh even though inside you want to scream.

Markers- Addison is in love with markers! Just as you think you have them all put up high in the container where they belong.....SURPRISE, Addy found one! Why is it the babies are the first to ALWAYS find the one thing they shouldn't? She likes to draw mainly on her hands and her face and suck on them. She has ventured to draw on some books and the wall. Thank goodness for washable! At least for the most part, they do stain the skin slightly. When you take them from her she cries, "Color, color, color!" It is almost cute enough to give it back to her. Like I said ALMOST.

Dog Food- She is obsessed with taking Coco's dog food and putting it in the water, throwing on the floor, and playing or dumping the water on the floor. This is a DAILY event if not once twice...three...four times. You may be thinking why not move the dog food. It is not that simple when 4 other people live in this house and the dog needs it to survive. I always put it up only to find it back on the floor in some form of a mess or I put it down for Coco while Addy is napping only to forget to put it back up when she wakes up. Not to mention the waste of money when the Dog food is dumped in the water. She has even pushed the chair over to the counter, climbed up on top of the counter and feed Coco all of her dog treats! (Another reason why you will most of the time find the chairs on TOP of the table, not because I mop the floors everyday). I blamed Ryann at first because I didn't think Addy could reach....OH NO she can reach, my little monkey.
Muddy Feet- Ryann likes to let the dog out in the back yard whenever she feels like it without asking. Addy's new thing has been to follow Coco. Right outside our back door is a little piece of cement surrounded by mud. We finally have had a break from all the snow and it has all melted leaving the MUD exposed. Monday I was cleaning the Master bathroom and turned around to see Addy standing on the carpet with clumpy mud completely covering her feet. You could say it looked like she was wearing brown boots. The backdoor is on the opposite end of the house from my bedroom. Mud was EVERYWHERE!!!!! Luckily I have two big girls that were such big helps to clean up the mud while I took care of cleaning the nasty thick mud off of Addy's feet.

Toilet Bowls- Like I said, "Addy is a climber." In attempts to reach her toothbrush , she will climb up on the toilet. She will also throw stuff in the toilet, ie-stuff animals, decorations, books, food, curlers, hair bows, towels, clothes,etc have all been pulled out of the toilet and yes sometimes the water is not ....clear (thanks to some weird fear of flushing the toilet that my girls must have). The bathroom door is to ALWAYS remain closed due to this annoyance. But like I said 4 other people live in this house that are big enough to not keep the door closed. The other day I heard Addison screaming and I went running to find her in the bathroom. She had both lids on the toilet up and managed to fall in. Her bum was sitting in the water and she was hanging on for dear life! It was seriously the funniest thing and couldn't help but laugh...the look on her face was priceless! I just hope this doesn't cause some fear that will keep her from potty training in the future.


Times like these I wish that I always kept my camera around my neck so I could instantly capture these moments that make you want to scream, cry, and most of all LAUGH!


But we all know if this was the case nothing would ever happen and you would get nothing done.





Pictures of MISS BUSINESS being busy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like between her and Ryann you are one busy woman. Briley is gonna be the same way I think. Very curious already.