WHAT MATTERS MOST


Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 things about me

Okay for all you Facebookers, you know how everyone and their dog is being tagged to write 25 random things about themselves. I finally caved in after being tagged too many times. Besides I think they are fun to read on other people. I thought it would be a good idea to not only post it on my blog but to make one on each of the girls maybe even Elliott. So today it is me. I am mainly doing this because at the end of the year I am going to turn this blog into a book. This way many years down the road I can remember the little things about the girls.


25 random things about me:



2 years old holding David


1. I have never been stung by a bee but am terrified of them.

2. I make chocolate chip cookie dough, roll in balls, and stick in my freezer so I can live off them through the week. They make such a good snack or breakfast.

3. When I was born I was the only child in my family (of 5 kids) not to have a middle name and thought it was because I wasn’t loved as much…so at the age of 8 my parents legally added my middle name, Jean after my Grandma.


4. I am the 3rd of five kids and yes I suffered from middle child syndrome big time as a child (as if you couldn’t tell from above)



5. I like to dress up in silly outfits and go out (and am still waiting to go to lunch with a bunch of ladies all in wedding dresses…Erricka).


6. My favorite apples are honeycrisp and still buy them even though they are twice as much as any other apple. Yes, they are that good.


7. When I was 16 I got in a car accident with a police officer and totaled my car.


8. When I was pregnant with Kylee I would eat a whole pack of Oreos in 2 days, regularly, and still managed to only gain 24 pounds.


9. I HATE needles and gave birth without epidurals. Not high on my list of “fun things to do”


10. When I was a little girl I would cry if my Mom made me wear pants.


11. I find enjoyment in organizing just about anything and everything.


12. I can’t wait for the day to go away on an exotic trip with my husband and no kids.


13. I own the Carmen Electra Fit to Strip DVD…Strip your way to Fitness Baby (it is still in plastic)


14. One day I want to relearn how to play the piano but then not tell anyone at church that I can.


15. My dad bought a campground/store when I was 15 and we lived there (in the middle of nowhere) for 6 months.


16. I got lost in the mountains while living there looking for some caves…never trust a guy named Freedom.


17. I love McDonald’s salty French fries but hate and rarely go to McDonalds unless we are on a road trip and only because they always have a play-place for the kids (scabies aren’t that bad).

18. I am a beauty school dropout but later got a BS from U of Utah.


19. I LOVE going over the top with planning my girls’ birthday parties!!! Yes I can be an overzealous Mom. (Nothing like setting your child up for real disappointment when they become an adult because birthdays are never the same.)


20. I don’t like eating breakfast in the morning and often forget, but I am trying to improve.


21. I will always gag on the last bite I take of a banana, yogurt, or anything similar in texture.


22. My first job was at Hot Dog on a Stick.


23. I love to cook but dislike doing the dishes.


24. It is hard for me to let my kids win at games because I hate to lose and kid’s games can last FOREVER and they always want to play again as soon as you’re done anyways! (Chutes and Ladders and Candyland are the worst!)


25. I love wearing fuzzy socks because they do keep me warm but mainly because I love to run and slide on the woodfloors in my house.


2 comments:

David and Julie said...

Now that your 25 random facts are written down, I realize how weird my sister really is.....unfortunately, I share SOME of the same random traits. (to clarify, I am not a beauty school dropout....)
David

Anonymous said...

I actually didn't know a few of those. Mom and Dad didn't give you a middle name?...You did have a rough childhood. I also want to go to lunch with a bunch of friends in wedding dresses, weird!