WHAT MATTERS MOST


Thursday, March 5, 2009

Who Cracked the Eggs?

I bet you'll never guess....no my younger brother David isn't visiting. When David was a little boy he would go into the fridge and liked to get the eggs and watch them drop on the ground. Which if you think about it...it is pretty cool that they have a hard shell that you can crack open and something gooey will come out. The last few days when I would open up my fridge Addison (big surprise) would go strait for the eggs. I have luckily been able to grab them just in time with minimal chasing involved. Well yesterday she won. I just got home from grocery shopping and Kylee and Alyssa just got home from school. SO needless to say it was a little crazy. For some reason when ever I get back with groceries they act like they have never seen food and want to taste one of everything! They are most likely not even hungry but just want to taste one of everything! I was going through all the bags to get everything out that needed to go in the fridge or freezer. The fridge was open because Alyssa was putting the yogurts away. Next thing we see is Addison with the eggs. Luckily it wasn't a new carton and we did grab it in time to save a few from breaking. With five eggs cracked on the ground I decided to go to plan "B" for dinner...I simply finished cracking the eggs in a bowl and made Sweet Potato French Toast. I know the sweet potato part probably sounds gross but it is a jar of baby food that I mix in to the egg mixture with other seasonings. It doesn't really change the taste and it adds a little more nutrients. Ryann and Addy are not big veggie eaters so I hide them in where ever I can. I also served them on paper plates that made for a REAL easy clean up. Having Elliott gone can have it benefits...we can have breakfast for dinner and eat on paper plates. So at the end of the day I guess my mother and I both had run-ins with eggs!! (her eggs exploded when she forgot about them while she was boiling them)

Yes her hair WAS fixed with a cute matching bow.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I see a little Addy blooming in my little Colbie. Wish me luck in a year and a half.

The Jonas Family said...

I have to say that has not happened to me, yet (knock on wood)!

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

I am reliving my life as a young mother when I read your blogs!!!
EXCEPT it was my boys doing a lot of what yor girls are doing...you don't need sons!!! Mom

Angela said...

Mom-That would be a NO! I think I have girls because Heavenly Father really knows me.