WHAT MATTERS MOST


Friday, March 27, 2009

Alyssa Turns 8

Today is Alyssa's birthday and I can't believe that she is 8! She is welcoming in her 8th year by having her ears pierced. I took her last Friday because she wanted to surprise Elliott. She was so excited to see how long it would take him to notice. After 5 minutes at the airport and of him not noticing she asked him what was different with her ears. He was surprised and responded by saying, "Hey your not 18!" Everyday since, she has wanted to wear her hair up so everyone could see her cute earrings. She was so brave and didn't cry.





Today is the big party! She wanted to invite everyone in her class at school. My first thought was their is no way I wanted that many kids in my house but soon thought of having the party somewhere else and that is what we are doing. Their is an aquatic center with indoor pools and slides real close to our house so swimming it will be. Their will be around 25 kids so this will be interesting. We normally don't have parties get this big but we feel turning 8 is a big deal. They will swim then we will move into the party room for games, pizza, and cake and ice cream. Wish us luck!



Last night I let her pick her favorite dinner since we will be having pizza tonight at her party. She picked Hawaiian Haystacks which surprised me a little because they are Kylee's favorite. I think she loves so many dinners that she couldn't decided and picked it because she knows Kylee loves it. This morning I made her breakfast and pancakes was her top choice.



Last Friday night Kylee was gone swimming with a friend and Ryann and Addy were asleep. Alyssa and I decided to play some games. We were playing a card game called "King in the Corner" when she gave some very good advice. She had ended her turn without catching a move she could have done. When it was my turn I did the move and then she said, "Ahh, I forgot to do something. That is why you need to be watching your minds so you don't go crazy." So for any of you that may feel at times you are going crazy...just remember to watch your minds!

Morning of her Birthday ready for school!




Happy Birthday Alyssa Christine We Love You!




P.S. She also told me this morning that she wanted me to wear something nice and fix my hair for her party. I told her I was thinking about wearing my pink bathrobe. (Not a favorite of Elliott's either but it is sooo soft and WARM)

3 comments:

Steph said...

I am all for big parties. If you talk to anyone who has ever lost a child I bet they wouldn't say, "Hmmm...I wish we would have saved a few bucks and not had that 5th birthday party."
My kids look forward to their time to throw a party. It makes them feel special. Happy birthday, Alyssa!

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

Wow...your girls are growing up! We can't believe we have another grandchild 8 years old. We can't wait to see you all at her baptism!

Jana said...

Sounds like fun!! Your invitations are so cute! Very clever. Hey, I'll have to get your recipe for the Hawaiian Haystacks. I had a recipe years ago but can't find it. Not even online. :(