WHAT MATTERS MOST


Monday, March 9, 2009

Bike Swap

This past Saturday I took all of our cycling clothes to the local bike swap. Normally Elliott would have done this but since he is out of town we didn't want to miss out on selling a bunch of clothes. My cousin, Amanda, was kind enough to wake up early on a Saturday morning and come to help me out and my two nieces that are going to college came and watched the girls all day.


Setting up our booth. We had another table on the other side of the clothes rack full with men's jerseys folded up.

Before the Swap opened the doors. We were right in the middle.

The first 20 minutes after it started was slow and I was thinking this was going to be a long day. I had to load up all of those clothes by myself and it better have been worth it.

Opening the doors.

THEN...the craziness began!!! There was no time to stop and take a picture of all the people in our booth. Our booth was packed full of people for the next 2 1/2 hours!! It wouldn't surprise me if someone stole something because it was impossible to keep track. Being a stay-at-home Mom you forget how fun it is to interact with other adults. I had so much fun talking to all the random people. I sold the clothes for next to nothing and got rid of a lot. Cycling clothes are expensive so many people were so excited to get some new clothes at a great price. Some people didn't plan on buying any clothes but couldn't pass up the prices. When things started dying off we packed up and then headed off to finally get some lunch or early dinner. It was fun catching up with Amanda. She is getting married on the 14th to a great guy. I think the most memorable person had to have been the lady that took AT LEAST 45 minutes looking, trying on, retrying on, asking Amanda if the colors looked good on her, retrying on, etc. I have never seen anyone more indecisive EVER!! She did finally end up getting a few jerseys BUT SERIOUSLY COME ON! My ultimate goal was to make it home without having to bring any of it home but that didn't work out. I did have one less HUGE box and one less huge black garbage bag. Selling on ebay has given Elliott something to do for the last year but now he will no longer have time and I AM SO DONE with ebay. It is all about being the buyer not the seller on ebay. It is a great place to resale your kids clothes if you normally buy name brands but be prepared to deal with some crazy people. I figure for every 100 normal smooth transactions you will come across a freak. So I will have to hang in there a little bit longer and sell our stuff priced to get it all gone. If you are in need of cycling clothes let me know I will give you a sweet deal!

It was a fun day that ended by picking up my sister-in-law from the airport. She is going to stay with me until Elliott gets home. It was my first time meeting my niece that is 6 months old. We are so excited to have them and lets just say Briley will be smothered for the next two weeks!! Alyssa told me she wanted another baby sister....that Alyssa of mine is so funny!



No comments: