WHAT MATTERS MOST


Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vulva

Coco

We have been debating on breeding our dog Coco. We have decided not too but just recently she has gone into heat. Yesterday Ryann told me that Coco needed a bandaid on her (being Coco) vulva because she hurt it on the bean bag. Yes we teach our children correct terms because we never want them to feel embarrassed about their body and we don't rename other parts so why pick and choose which parts to rename. I don't understand why people feel that vulva or vagina is a bad word...actually I do because somewhere down the road we are made to feel that it is a bad word. If they are bad words or inappropriate to say then lets all rename our arm, leg, knee, etc... it is all the same. It still caught me off guard that she would say that and why she thought the bean bag hurt Coco?? I decided to let it be and not go into what it means for a dog to be "in-heat" with a three year old.
Coco is a Shih Tzu and weighs about 8 pounds. She is the cutest dog. The downside to her being small is that Ryann likes to carry her around. Coco is not the biggest fan of Ryann.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!

Anonymous said...

I agree!

Steph said...

I totally agree with the naming thing. My kids use the terms "penis" and "vagina". Nothing wrong with calling it like it is!

David and Julie said...

Kylee is the perfect example of using proper terminology when she was younger and said to your neighbor, who was growing a goatee, "Your chin looks like me Mommy's vagina."

The Jonas Family said...

Too funny! We should use the proper names (Mike is an ER doc), but we don't really. Brandon and Taylor are familiar with each other being different though and don't bother one another.

Taylor will ask me already why she does not have hair on her.

And Brandon is exploring the world of his own trying to make it bigger and stronger he says. Boys!

Kids I tell you!!