WHAT MATTERS MOST


Saturday, February 21, 2009

Principle's Office

Yesterday I had the opportunity of spending over an hour in the principle's office. Luckily it wasn't because I have a naughty disruptive child but sadly, it was because I am fed up with Kylee's teacher. It has been an on going problem that I was trying other solutions and hoping things would get better. I have been so fortunate so far that my girls have had wonderful teachers. It is bad enough that she yells at the kids and makes them feel bad and it is another problem when your child isn't learning and your have to spend each night reteaching her something her teacher couldn't do. Oooh ooh, and my most favorite is when she send home graded assignments with answers mark wrong that are really right, regularly. So you may be asking yourself the same question I ask myself.....and why is she a teacher and why are they letting her be a teacher? Being a teacher that can't teach isn't reason enough to fire a teacher. It is sad because soooooo many teachers out there that are great would love the opportunity to work in this elementary school since it is on of the top in the city. At least the Principle has my feedback and so when other parents complain they will actually take her position into consideration. She is an older lady that retired from another school district and is now working in ours, YEAH lucky us! Some people should really learn enough is enough. If anything I will keep Alyssa out of her classroom when the time comes.

2 comments:

The Jonas Family said...

That is bad news! Is it too late to take her out of that class and switch teachers? I can't believe the school is not doing anything or are they?

Angela said...

I don't know how many parents have to complain until they will do something. I do know I am not the only parent that has complained. They should have a disclosure for all future students that she will have so parents will no what to expect.