WHAT MATTERS MOST


Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love Day

I personally find Valentine's Day a very un-needed holiday. I think that people should express love to our loved ones all the time. But for some, maybe it is on this day and this day only that their significant other will go out of their way to do something nice. I hate the idea that someone is going to get me something or give me something because some holiday tells them they should verses any random day they show up with flowers or a gift or hmmmm chocolate for no other reason then the simple fact they were thinking of you and WANTED to do something nice for you. This year it was very low key. I helped Kylee and Alyssa make valentines for school and we made Red Velvet mini cupcakes and heart shaped cupcakes that they got to decorate to give away to all the kind people that have helped me out over these last few weeks with Elliott in the hospital. Lucky for the girls I have an amazing Mom that sends care packages for every holiday or just because. She bought shirts for all of the girls. This picture I know is not the greatest but you have to understand that it was early in the morning before school and I am sooooo not a morning person. It isn't that I want to sleep until noon because I don't mind waking up early. It is that I don't like to be social early in the morning and especially dislike (really dislike) dealing with children that are whining and crying. Why would anyone want to wake up to that to start their day? Anyways, back to the picture taking session....I attempted 3 times and that was enough for me. I did get off a little easy Friday morning because Kylee had fixed the girls hair. Now that you know how I feel about mornings you should also know that I woke up V-day morning and made whole-wheat-buttermilk-heart-shaped-pink (somewhat pink) pancakes. How sweet, we had a "love" breakfast...ahhhh (gag, gag, gag).







Miss Grouchy-Pants


Kylee had made some cute Valentines at Activity Days. She made one for everyone in the family. They were all different and I just loved the one she made for Alyssa. It was an "iPod" Valentine. The pink paper is covering a box of conversation hearts and the ear phones are peanut butter cups and of course cute songs are listed on the iPod.


1 comment:

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

So, if my other children read this and wonder where "their" kids shirts are...I felt they needed them. I am NOT even like my parents...sorry...we help when we see the need. We ARE even on birthdays and Christmas-- FYI!!!
your mom