WHAT MATTERS MOST


Monday, April 12, 2010

Middle School

Last week I had the opportunity to take Kylee to her Middle School Orientation. It was a chance for her to see the school and hear all about the electives she will have to choose from. Wow that brought back some memories and it wasn't even the school I went too. For electives they have to choose between orchestra, chorus, band, or art. We rotated and went to each room to hear the teacher and see a demo from some current students. Chorus cracked me up because the 4 boys that were preforming with the girls couldn't have been any more of an awkward group of 4 boys. Super tall or super short....oh and the acne. Ohh my....my heart felt for those boys. SUCH an awkward time period for all. Then off to the band room where the Jazz band played for us....flashbacks of drums, saxophones, and other obnoxious instruments that I was succumb to with brothers in the band.....concerts....oh yes concerts. It just made me laugh to myself.
We got to see the cafeteria, the PE locker room, the 6th grade wing, computer room, etc.
What a fun time for Kylee....me...I don't know if fun would be the word.

More like "scared" but at the same time happy for her.

No comments: