WHAT MATTERS MOST


Sunday, April 19, 2009

Egg Hunt

Our Neighborhood had an egg hunt at the elementary school. It was in the field which meant an inability to really "hide" the eggs. It was merely hundreds of eggs all over the grass. The older kids did have a section that had a bunch on the grass but then some hidden around the baseball field and trees. I was a little irritated because it was cold and windy. Living in Wyoming for 4 years made me grow a hate and intolerance for the wind. For those of you unaware...WY is WINDY! And I am not talking about windy blowing your hair in a sexy way but windy as in your hair wraps around your face and you can't see, pieces of your house will detach and blow away, heavy black rod iron patio chairs will blow away like plastic, large sheets of plywood will blow away like paper, once my garbage can blew away in the field behind our house and I couldn't find it, and so windy that it is common that Semi-truck trailers get blown over often on the Interstate. Now add a temperature of 7 degrees and that is one sweet party!! I was SOOOOOO spoiled growing up in CA!! It seriously has perfect weather and I had no idea until I have lived in other places. It has set me up for an expectation that will never get met. Easter to me means that it is warm and you can wear your Easter dress without a winter coat! So now you can see a little why I might be irritated out in the cold wind looking for Easter eggs but at least it wasn't snowing!


Miss Addison wanted no part in taking pictures. She just wanted Mom to hold her. This is what happens to a hungry child. That kid needs her food and she can EAT! They had food there so she didn't get breakfast right away (will never do that again I will just feed her before we go). Look she finally has enough hair for pigtails! My girls (minus Alyssa) are bald the first year and then LOOK OUT it comes in!


Before the egg hunt. This picture does no justice but eggs were all over the field. They had areas for 0-3, 4-6, and 7-11. Tons of eggs!



Ryann gathering the eggs




Addison wanted no part when it came to holding her basket, collecting eggs, taking pictures, or even picking up candy that was on the ground next to the eggs that were to big for the eggs...CREEPY, CREEPY, CREEPY! (this picture is not a mistake on my part but for some reason flips up when uploaded I tried twice and it is what it is) The 0-3 age group kids were done and there were still lots of eggs. The older kids came in and finished it up after.

Addison eating my favorite kind of muffin...Chocolate Chocolate Chip.

Kylee getting some eggs



Alyssa and her basket FULL of eggs!
Despite my dislike for the wind and cold and a creepy one year-old they had a blast and got tons of candy!

No comments: