WHAT MATTERS MOST


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cadoo

Last night Elliott and I were playing the game Cadoo (a kids Cranium game) with Alyssa. It is a kid game that you have to compete to be the first to get four tokens in a row. You have to draw, act, sculpt, or answer a question. Alyssa drew a card that she had to act out. She said it was going to be hard to act this out. I told her that if we didn't guess it don't worry it just means she is not very good at acting......I was totally being sarcastic.....bad idea. She crouches on all fours and starts to leap forward making a growling noise. Elliott and I are competing against each other to guess it first. So naturally we are guess every animal out there. She then lays down on the ground and starts to SOB. Elliott and I looked at each other and couldn't help but laugh because why is she crying. We asked her what was wrong and she lifts up her head with a wet face from tears saying she is not good at acting. This was a priceless moment. I couldn't believe she was actually crying over this. I felt like a bad parent because of what I had said and the fact that I was still laughing. We had her give us some clues and I finally guessed it...........a shark! Kylee joined us for a second round. Alyssa did great with her acting skills but still a little nervous. It is sad that I find humor at my children's expense. If you are looking for a fun game to play with your school-aged kids, this is a good one.

No comments: