WHAT MATTERS MOST


Friday, March 26, 2010

Pat-Lock

I finally have had it and made Elliott put a lock on the pantry. I do not feel it is my job to stand guard all day to keep my little munchers out of the food. By not standing guard they will consume a weeks worth of snacks in a day.....hmmm and not be hungry for lunch or dinner.

We call it the "Pat-Lock" Addison aka Addy aka Patty aka Pat was the inspiration for the name since she is the worse at climbing up shelves and helping herself. It has worked wonders.

I just need to remember to keep it locked. The other morning her radar must have been on and it was unlocked. I came downstairs to discover a package of new oreos on the floor..and no Pat..I knew it had Pat written all over it. Half of the cookies were gone...HALF! The big girls have put some in their lunches...I have no idea how many she took. We were just heading out to pick Ryann up from school and she wanted to bring a purse....this is normal and I never check to see what is inside. Sure enough she had an oreo face. Once Ryann got inside the car she asked me why their were oreos in Addy's purse. 4 oreos.... I asked her how many she had eaten....her response, "A LOT!" My little cookie monster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am having the same issue. We just gated off our whole kitchen. It's the only way to fix it. Sounds like Addy takes after Uncle Paul and Grandpa Fawson. Cookies cookies!