WHAT MATTERS MOST


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mom Award

The other day I decided to take Ryann and Addison to playgroup at the park. I was running a little late because I wanted to get the morning mess from breakfast all cleaned up and dinner going, and start some laundry before I left...9:30 can come fast. I headed out with the drinks and snacks. Getting the girls in the car I realized Addy didn't have her shoes on and ran into the house to grab her some. We don't wear shoes in our house so they all like to gather right inside in front of the garage door on the floor...despite the shoe shelf that sits right next to this pile. I reached down grabbed two shoes and headed back to the car. As I was about to get in....I had the impression to put them on her right now. This was a funny thought because experience has taught me NOT to put shoes on Addy until we get there do to the fact she will have shoes and sock off within 45 seconds of putting them on, leaving me to put them back on for the second time once we get to our destination. Trying to save time this didn't fit into the plan.


Once I got to the park I realized why I had that impression. As I went to grab the shoes I had one white sketcher in a size 7 1/2...Addy's and one white sketcher in a 13 1/2...Alyssa's. NICE-ONE! So I did what any WT mom would do and put her socks on and carried her to the playground. The park has the rubber flooring everywhere no rocks, sand, or dirt under the play equipment....and within 5 minutes normally she is bringing me her shoes so what's the difference. Within 10 minutes of playing she tells me she had to go potty....she went right before we left so I told her I would take her in a minute...I was talking to another mom and the idea of taking her into a public bathroom with no shoes REALLY grossed me out. No more than 2 minutes later she is crying and had peed.....bad mom. I felt horrible because she told me and I didn't think she really had to go. At this point I was wondering what was the point in coming. I keep an extra pair of panties and pants for her in my car...just in case. I switched her bottoms out so not only was she shoeless but her outfit didn't match. I guess that's what happens to you when you are the 4th kid. Let's just say I wasn't in the running for any mom award for that day.

No comments: