WHAT MATTERS MOST


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sing Sing Sing

Kylee has never been much of a singer. I remember when she was really young Elliott had made a comment that he hoped our other children were singers because Kylee never would sing to herself. We are not talking about being singers as in he wanted them to be on American Idol but the kind you can hear singing throughout the house as they are playing or in the store as your shopping. Well since that comment we have had 3 more girls and all of them are singers...even little Addy will hum if she doesn't know the words. This ANNOYS Kylee to no end. She is always complaining to them to stop singing. She really hates it in the car which is one of Alyssa's and Ryann's most favorite places to belt it out. This morning I was present for a funny conversation between Kylee and Alyssa.

All three of us were in the kitchen putting together their lunches...Alyssa happily singing as she is going about her business. Kylee finally tells her to stop singing....to this Alyssa replies, "Singing is my talent so you are just going to have to live with it." I couldn't help but laugh to myself...

Just like the other day driving in the car Ryann is belting out a Taylor Swift song. After the song is over she then tells me, "See Mom I know all the words to that song and that is why I am going to be a singer when I grow up." The things kids say.....

1 comment:

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

I am excited to have some singers...I couldn't get you or Christy to love singing like I do!
I hope they keep it up...