WHAT MATTERS MOST


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Dresses

This past week I was lucky enough to have my Mom come for a short visit. She decided to take two weeks to make the rounds to visit. She started by coming here for 4 days and then went to my brothers and finally to spend time with her sisters and parents. Her Dad turned 94 on April Fools. You never know how long we have to live but when you are 94 the minutes and days are really counting down. This year she decided to make some Easter dresses for my girls. She had most of them made. She wanted to do a fitting before she finished them up. All of the dresses were too tight....so sad with all the work she had put into them. I had a great idea! Kylee's green dress became Alyssa's, Alyssa's purple dress became Ryann's, Ryann's pink dress became Addy's and Addy's blue dress will now become Briley's (my brother's daughter). She then took the leftover fabric from the green, purple, and pink dresses to make Kylee a skirt. Problem solved! I can be so brilliant at times. I am so lucky to have such a talented mother.

Now the hard part.....taking pictures!!! Addison was SO NOT in the mood! I just gave up because it was not worth it.

This was the only picture that shows all three colors on Kylee's skirt

Addy's expression is very clear on how she was feeling that morning...grumpy!

No comments: