WHAT MATTERS MOST


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mondays

I don't know why but Mondays are my least favorite days...always have been. Yesterday took the cake for my least favorite Monday for a long time. Nothing horrible terrible awful happened...it was just unfun, long, and I felt I accomplished NOTHING.... I guess one positive thing happened...I discovered that I without a doubt HATE Walgreens Pharmacy and will never waste my time with them ever again.

My Monday began 5:30 am (actually it began at 12:21 am when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so a 5:30 am alarm was no good) up and off to run with some friends in the wind. It is so much easier to run when friends are involved so this wasn't the bad part of my day. It all started when I got home whiny children not wanting to eat this but that, not wanting to wear this but that, get the picture. Then around 8:40 I started seeing stars and darkness....nooo I had things to do. I managed to get Kylee to school to come home and lay on the couch because now I had a sharp stabbing pain in my right temple and it was getting worse by the second. I didn't have my preferred drug of choice and opted for another hoping it would help me. Luckily, it worked and 50 minutes later I was back in business. Did some laundry, fed the girls, and then headed out for a Dr appt for Alyssa who has her first ear infection and it is a nasty one at that. Elliott had my car so I crammed us in his car and headed out around 12:45. Taking young children to the Drs is not high on my list of ...oohhhh should we say fun things to do with kids. Ryann and Addy had to sit in every chair in the waiting room and TOUCH everything...floor included....this really freaks me out because of the whole germ thing. While waiting for the Dr in the room they are continuing their fun....oohhh and my favorite was when Addy farted leaving the room smelling oh so fresh. Finally it was time to go and fight over who gets to push the elevator buttons. Just because my headache was at bay I felt one edge. At one point in time I asked the girls to be good because I had a short fuse for the day....of course Alyssa asked what that was and I told her it is what makes mommies nice. If it goes out the niceness runs out.

I choose Walgreens to fill the prescriptions because it was right next to Costco and I needed to get a few things. It also had a drive through. While in Costco I couldn't find the stupid ketchup....you would THINK it would be by all the other condiments...right? Yeah nope. Upon checking out I saw someone with some so I knew it was somewhere and told the lady loading up my stuff that management should place the ketchup in a place that was easy for people to find. (while in my search I asked someone that worked their and they were unsure because they just moved stuff around and that I was the fourth person in the last 30 min to ask her...you'd think after the 2nd time she would have found out...you'd think). The lady asked me if I wanted some she would go and get me some. I said sure and that I would like to know where it was kept for future. She comes back 2 min later...."I can't find it...I guess we are all out"....my response, "Your telling me the lady that checked out 30 seconds ago behind me got the last one?" She responded, "Oh, let me find out". Sure enough they had more and they were in front of the frozen food section....because that makes the MOST sense to place it.

Now I am off to McDonalds to get the girls their milkshakes for the bribe I came up with if they were good in Costco. I was talking to my sister on the phone and she told me the month of March they have a Shamrock milkshake that was really good. So I ordered myself one and was so excited about it....pulled around to pay....."Oh, Sorry our milkshake machine just broke." What kind of a mean joke is that? I was so sad...yes over a milkshake. Now I am heading back over to Walgreens only to discover they only had 2 of the 3 prescriptions she needed....but they kindly could send me to another to pick it up there. This is the 3rd time Walgreens has not had a drug that I have needed. Once in WY, once in UT, and now in Vegas. I said sure and headed off to go pick up Kylee from school...now we are really squished in his car...heaen forbid the girls have to touch each other. I looked online to see where this other one was located and left to go get it...yeah got lost, found another one that gave me directions to the one I was looking for. When I got their the girl at the window told me it wasn't going to be ready until 7:00 pm...It is now 5:00. UUGGGHHHHH!!! I told her that I was told it was going to be ready right away at 3:30 and if it was going to be a problem I am sure Smiths, Albertson's or even Walmart wouldn't mind filling it for me... Needless to say I got it in 3 minutes.....but learned my lesson to not go back because chances are they will not have what I need. It took me 45 min to get this 3rd prescription. As soon as I got home it was dinner time.....what to make? Elliott was still gone and told me at 5:30 he wouldn't be home until late.....he was lucky I hadn't started to make dinner. I instead took the girls out to dinner. Found another McDonalds...I was determined to get this milkshake. No such luck...that one didn't have them yet......mean to me. Finally made it home at 6:30 to return phone calls and blah blah blah. Clean-up toys, read books, put kiddos to bed....So glad the day finally ended and didn't get to do what I had planned...reorganize my closet...maybe Wednesday I'll have time. Like I said I hate Mondays...

1 comment:

Steph said...

I swear, all that has happened to me before. Not all in the same day. I took the kids to McDonalds, specifically for ice cream. Theirs was broken. Walgreens has screwed me over numerous times. I guess it is the same wherever you are. Stay home next monday!