WHAT MATTERS MOST


Sunday, February 7, 2010

Miss Smarty-Pants

Do you remember playing around the world with math flash cards in elementary school? You know you get paired up with another classmate and the first to give the right answer to the math problem on the flash card moves forward to challenge the next classmate until you have the ultimate winner... Well I am proud to announce our Alyssa is her class champ. She also was the only 3rd grader (I don't know how many 3rd graders their are but her school is K-5 with more than 1200 students) to guess right on with how many cubes were in a jar. Her name was announced and her whole class screamed and cheered for her...too cute. She won a pack of pencils...yay!! She is one of those kids that with little effort gets strait A's....hope the trend sticks.

3 comments:

Amy said...

She's so smart. And your blog is darling. I was loving looking at the slideshow pics of your cute, cute girls.

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

I am very proud of her!!! Math was not my thing...but your Dad loves it and was good at it.

Anonymous said...

I loved math until I had a teacher that I didn't like in 10th grade. I remember rocking the math competitions and never reading books for English classes. I don't think I finished a book cover to cover that was assigned to me and I am in the 18th grade. Education is cheap when you have good grades or are good at a sport.