WHAT MATTERS MOST


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Milestone Achieved

Yesterday Ryann performed her first haircut on a sibling....and Addison received her first haircut from a sibling....now their childhood is near complete! The crazy thing is I was just with them, walked out of the room to get a phone call and walked back in 6 minutes later. Just as I walked into my room and noticed 2 dolls, scissors, and a pile hair, Elliott walked in. The girls were off playing in the playroom. I saw the pile of hair and knew right away it wasn't doll hair and knew it was Addy's. Their was so much in the pile and knowing she doesn't have much to begin with panic set in... Images of what it could look like popped into my head that for a split second it made me want to laugh....but at the same time cry. They came into the room and I was able to asses the damage. It is basically all gone in the back of her head and about an inch long on the top. It was all down to her shoulders just prior and she didn't have bangs. It has taken Addy forever to get hair and now a huge set back. Good thing her hair is curly so it is less noticeable and good thing for bows....ahhhh. I love my Ryann. Just love her. And you should know I didn't even yell at her...partly because I was speechless. Instead I just grabbed the camera and grounded her from scissors forever. Good thing hair will grow back even if it will take another 2 years.






2 comments:

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

I expected to see her balk...not too bad I guess! Your stories sure
bring back memories of raising you kids!!

Anonymous said...

Well you lucked out. It actually looks kinda cute. Maybe she'll follow in her moms footsteps and go to Bon Losee. She might even finish. ha!