WHAT MATTERS MOST


Saturday, May 9, 2009

12 Years...Really?


May 2nd we celebrated our 12 Year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it has been 12 years! It is a little scary how fast time really does fly. It seemed like the first 18 years of my life dragged and then after that it took off and now I am in my 30...eek. Almost 32 to be exact. I still feel like I am 22 just with the start of wrinkles...yuck. I am learning to embrace the "new form" of beauty that comes with age. Elliott has his first gray chest hair and yes he did ripe it out. See all the fun we have to look forward to with age.


That morning Elliott went to a bike swap to try and sell some more of our cycling stuff and then we painted our master bedroom. Getting rid of the country blue was a beautiful thing! It is truly amazing what new paint, light fixtures, blinds, and carpet can do for a room. That evening we took the girls out to dinner to celebrate our "family's birthday". That is what Elliott called it. Nothing big but sometimes it is nice to keep things simple!

2 comments:

The Jonas Family said...

Congrats on 12 YEARS! I like that Elliot calls it a "family birthday" because that is when you started your family, when you got married.

And isn't it crazy after you turn 30, how your body changes! People need to tell us. I finally started to exercise!

David and Julie said...

Last month I noticed my first grey hair on my head... and I'm only 29! I think having three girls will expidite the greying process. I had Julie pluck the hair. Fortunately it is on the side of my head and I keep my hair short. I am truely thankful that I have hair going into my thirties.