WHAT MATTERS MOST


Monday, May 18, 2009

10 Reasons Why Alyssa Loves Me

One thing you can always expect as a mother every Mother's Day is the homemade gifts your children make in preschool/school. They are always so proud of their work and as a mother it leaves you guilt ridden on what in the world do you do with the gift. This year Alyssa gave me a coupon book (of things she will do and don't you know I will take full advantage of ALL of them). She also gave me a book that was bound with all of the stitchery she did over this past year in school, and finally a paper that had the top ten reasons why she loved me. It goes as follows with her spelling:

10 I love my Mom because she reads me books.

9 I love my Mom because she helps me do my homework.

8 I love my Mom when she makes me laugh by tickleing me.

7 I love my Mom because she taught me how to take a shower.

6 I love to hear my Mom sing songs.

5 I love my Mom because she finds time to play a game.

4 I know my Mom cares because she loves me and my family.

3 I know my Mom is smart because she knows Math.

2 I love my Mom because she works so hard at keeping the house clean.

1 I love my Mom because she's the best MOM EVER!


My favorite are numbers 7 and 3. #2 is sweet because at least someone is taking notice. I haven't decided to find a small box that I stash it all in or just take pictures of the gifts and chuck the stuff. If I have to keep it in a box for 20 year all so I don't hurt their feelings then I will.


The one reason I look forward for Mother's Day is because Elliott gives it to me as a complete day off. No cooking, no changing diapers, no putting the kids to bed, no dealing with whining kids, no nothing. For the most part Mother's Day was good despite my shower, with the water going from freezing cold to scalding hot every 1-2 minutes (this was annoying because the shower is my only place I can go to get away, for the most part) and not being able to sleep in because of early church, and that Elliott completly charred/burned the ribs (he got an A for effort). He/we made dinner for his Mom. I helped him the night before with all the prep work so all he had to do the next day was assemble and cook. Leaving less for me to do on the actual "day". I did make a four layer German Chocolate cake from scratch for desert that was YUM. I also find it hard to enjoy the day for me when we also have mothers that we feel should be taken care of as well.












1 comment:

Bob and Amelia Fawson said...

I was amazed how creative school teachers were when it came to Mothers day. I loved the coupons the best. And I loved it when my kids learned to "not" serve runny eggs anymore! They were so hard to gag down...but loving all the endearments are gone now from my children when they were young. So, the next generation is happening! Enjoy it ALL!