WHAT MATTERS MOST


Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grandpa Turns 93!

On April 1st I spent the afternoon at with my Mom's Parents and two of her sisters. We were celebrating my Grandpa's 93rd birthday. Me turning into my mother I may tend to be a little forgetful and forgot to take my camera (sorry Mom, Mayna and Rebecca both took pictures if you need copies). Unfortunately, Addison had been fighting a nasty cold and so Elliott stayed home with her. It was just Ryann and I since the big girls were in school. I am so lucky to still have two grandma's and one grandpa still alive. We ate food, sang Happy Birthday, had cake and ice cream, and then my grandmother told me some stories of the past. It was a wonderful afternoon away from a sick clingy baby spending time with my grandparents and aunts and uncle.

Memories of my Grandpa:

Growing up in CA we would only see my Grandparent about once a year. Whenever they would come out to see us they would always bring their pennies, nickels, and dimes and divide them up amongst my siblings. I remember thinking they must be rich having so much money. As I got a little older every time I would see my grandpa he would remind me of when I was a little girl and asked him why he had so much hair on his chest but no hair on his head. His response to me was that one day while he was bending over all of the hair on his head fell onto his chest...

Elliott and I have fond memories of playing games with them when we were engaged and I was living with them for a semester. I will never forget one time my grandmother was bent over picking something up and my grandpa walked by and gave her a little spank on the behind. He is such a cute old man.



Happy 93rd Grandpa!

No comments: