WHAT MATTERS MOST


Monday, April 27, 2009

Alyssa's Big Day


April 18th was Alyssa's big day that she decided to be baptized into our church. It was small and simple but perfect...well almost. I had decided to make a slide show to some primary songs and pictures of Alyssa from birth up to 8 to play while she was changing out of her wet clothes. I was so proud of myself that I actually did it (with some help from my brother). The only problem was that I waited till the last minute to do it and couldn't figure out how to put it on a DVD. I thought the hard part was making it...oh no..I was wrong. Needless to say I was down to 10 minutes before the baptism crying because it wasn't on a DVD and therefore it wasn't going to get played. I did suggest a back up plan to "someone" that I wanted in place but "someone" felt it would all work out and it wasn't needed. Lets just say that wives are ALWAYS right! Despite the lack of DVD it was great. My Dad gave the opening prayer, my Mom played the piano and gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, my Grandmother (Alyssa's Great Grandmother) lead the music, Elliott's Mom gave the talked on Baptism (she has an old old book all about baptism that she had the girls take turn reading out loud, leave it to Alyssa to say funny things), a member in our bishophic told a story to Alyssa that Alyssa had to point out that she already knew the story (we need to work on being "tactful" with her) and finally Elliott's Dad gave the closing prayer. We were so happy to see that he was able to make it considering his accident. Unfortunately they left right after and I wasn't able to get a picture with them. We had some family that joined us and some friends. Following we had everyone over for an open house in our home. Later that night I finally got the video on a DVD...next time I will not wait to the last minute!

Alyssa was baptized in a dress that my mother made for Kylee. I am having each girl wear it. Then she made a special white dress for her to wear afterwards. She showed up to the baptism in her "baptism dress" and their were some ladies their to help us get ready. Twice they tried to change her into a white jumpsuit that most kids wear. They were confused by the fact that she was wearing such a pretty dress to be baptized in. I am so glad I have a talented Mother that can sew for my girls.



Right before the baptism





After

Some of the family that was their on her special day




Great Grandparents




Grandpa and Grandma




Primary teacher and leaders



1 comment:

The Jonas Family said...

Congrats on Alyssa's baptism!

My son is turning 5 next week, so three more years for us!