WHAT MATTERS MOST


Monday, April 16, 2012

Addy's Princess Room

Addy wanted a pink princess room. I wanted a room that would last a little longer than her love for princesses. I decided to paint stripes and have my brother add some crown and chair rail. Why keep it easy?....it would not my style.... My original goal was to get it all done in the 4 days Elliott was out of town....funny goal to set. Talk about a lot of work! It is one thing if I wanted to paint it BUT I wanted to paint stripes, caulk, sand, and paint the moldings, paint some furniture, hang curtains and wall decorations. Not to mention moving all the furniture out of the room and then back in... all while being a single mom/taxi driver. I did get most of it done but decided he could help to get it finished.

Before just plain tan walled room.
Getting ready to paint stripes. I carefully measured and taped. Left for dinner to come back to most of the tape laying on the GROUND!!! GRRR...was not happy about that. I was nervous that the stripes wouldn't be perfect with the heavy texture on the walls but it turned out great with the time consuming steps I took for perfect stripes (tape alone doesn't work).

After


Found these baskets at Michael's which are perfect for her stuffed animals and dolls. I found the cutest desk at a consignment store. It is perfect with lots of little drawers for all of her special treasures that she likes to "collect".

Her bedside table was in my neighbors trash 3 years ago...just added some green paint. I antiqued the dresser (had since childhood) and added pink crystal knobs.

Love these carriage prints.
Thanks to Target, Home Goods, Pottery Barn Kids, TJMax, Ross, Kirkland's, and Home Depot Addy got her princess room.

No comments: